We have created a schedule for parents to return school materials and retrieve student belongings as we wrap up this school year. June 1-3 are the dates parents can come to Horizon to return/pick up items.
We are NOT collecting Chromebooks at this time. We ARE collecting Horizon library books, any PHM textbooks/curriculum materials, and any books your child may have checked out from their teacher’s classroom library.
Below are the procedures and assigned time frames to accommodate families with multiple children:
Monday, June 1 – Wednesday, June 3, families can come to Horizon during the following times based on your child's last name:
- 8:00 – 10:00 a.m., last names beginning with A - F
- 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., last names beginning with G - M
- 12:00 – 2:00 p.m., last names beginning with N - Z
Social distancing of at least six-feet should be maintained at all times. Below are the procedures that must be followed to ensure health safety and efficiency for all:
- Parents will pull into the main driveway by DOOR A, forming a line along the curb, and will follow the directions of the posted curbside signs. Please REMAIN in your car.
- When pulling up to the appropriate spot, ONE ADULT (no children) may exit their car with all student materials. PARENTS MUST WEAR A MASK.
- Please give your child/children's name to the staff member who greets you, and they will radio inside to a staff member to retrieve your child(ren)’s belongings. These items will be pre-bagged.
- A staff member will bring items outside to the white tables in front of the building, where you may pick them up.
- Parents will be directed to drop off any school materials in designated bins near Door A.
*IMPORTANT: Materials belonging to a TEACHER should be put inside a plastic bag with the teacher's name CLEARLY marked on the outside of the bag. Materials belonging to Horizon (library books, textbooks, other curriculum materials) should NOT be in bags.
* Items that have not been picked up by Friday, June 5th will be donated or discarded (unless a parent has contacted our office).
After dropping off items, parents will re-enter their vehicles and exit the parking lot by following the curb all the way around, following the painted arrows.
The building is not open to the public, so at no time will families be allowed to come into the school for this purpose. We appreciate your patience and flexibility during this process, and ask that you practice safety guidelines and social distancing at all times. All Horizon staff members assisting with curbside drop off/pick up will be wearing appropriate PPE and will be observing social distancing of at least 6 feet.
Thank you for following these guidelines to help this process be efficient and safe for everyone!